Bringing in the new year was amazingly amazing last night. I spent the night dancing, laughing, taking photos, and spending it with people I love into the wee hours of the morning.

Last night was St. Innocence's annual Stomp --a night of Russian folk and traditional dancing and games open to the community for a New Year's celebration. It is called stomp because when the clock strikes twelve they release a mass of balloons from the ceiling and everybody stomps on all the balloons. It's just a huge celebration spent with wonderful friends and people from all over the community. This year the venue changed to our Catholic School's gym, which was a much larger area for dancing, food, and hanging out. This bigger area also allowed St. Innocence to do an awesome job decorating, with couches, hay stacks, and a special Arabianesqe fort for people to rest. There was also a fireplace! It was pretty amazing and though I felt super old being there, it was a great night dancing, and I was able to borrow my friend's camera for the evening to get some great shots. After the swing dancing competition my friends and I went to my friend Dan's house to take a hot tub (that wasn't very hot) and share some champagne and laughter. We ended up staying up until about 5:30 just playing cards and having a great time. I loved spending the New Year with my best friends.It was a great night spent with great people doing great things.

Here are some of the photos from the night. Happy New Year!



0 comments to "Starting the year off right"

Post a Comment

All photos by Photos by Alicia unless otherwise noted.

Powered by Blogger.